Saturday, December 31, 2011

Disappointing day ;(

For those of you following my journey & anxious to hear the news of how transfer day went....it didn't happen.
I've got a mix of emotions.  I'm truly upset.  It's taking me time to wrap my head around the news myself, I really thought we were on the right path.  Almost, so damn close. 
I prepared myself physically & emotionally for this day, as much as I could.  :(  I really don't know how else to put into words my disappointment.  I knew that surrogacy wasn't all butterflies & rainbows, but I didn't expect for it to be pulled right out from under me before I even got a glimmer of the sunshine.
I can't go far into details, but I can just say I got the call on my way- almost on the turnpike that there was bad news.  The intended Father wanted to back out.  Just like that.  It's all over............
Trying to put my feelings aside I can't imagine the pain the Intended Mother must be going through.  I didn't want to talk much with her, as I didn't want to come off selfish like I deserved this more then her, because I certainly do not.  I didn't want her to sense my let down and feel any guilt surrounding his decision.  It is what it is, and I'm sure for the best.  She's strong, I'm strong and even though things didn't go according to our plan someone else has a plan for us.  I wish her the best, I can only hope that she is dealing with this with the support and love she deserves. 
 For today, it's hard....it's just very hard, but I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to come this far.  I can move on, I will move on. 

Thank you all for the encouraging words & for being there for me.  Mark my words.....I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment